Tuesday 7 December 2010

Snow joke

Hiya peeps. well suprise surprise, the snow hits and the country grinds to a halt. 8.30 a.m yesterday morning the snow started in earnest -after last weeks 3 or 4 horrible dumps of snow and following ice, which we still haven't got rid of - and snowed for 7 hours solid! never seen in my lifetime. I phoned the skool at 11.10 a.m to ask if it was closing early, and was advised that yes as soon as you can get here, you can take your kids home. I left the house at 11.15 - got to the skool at 12.30 via shanks pony - a journey that normally takes 20 mins max. in the car!!! I passed 4-5 cars just abandoned. I was walking in the tyre tracks on the road, the pavement was impassable - wading through sno drifts of 1/2 foot deep - no fun. Once I finally got the kids - then took 2 hours to get back home again! - 3 hour round trip for a journey that is normally 30 mins! Better half took 2 hours to get home from his work. Then 1.5 hour to dig car in to park it!!!
Skool closed today - in fact I think whole city is closed down! - husband home. Not much chance of putting my feet up 2day!
Xmas shopping still to be started and Christmas only 3 weeks away - HELP.
Tree up, but still finding it hard to feel Christmassy - even tho it looks like a Christmas card out the window. I HATE snow. It is official!!! and this is only the beginning of December, another 3 months of winter yet!!!
No chocs on Christmas tree - this a major omission - not much chance of getting to the shops to get any - even if the shops are open. Still to get Turkey! and those dreaded brussels sprouts! Cards sitting waiting to be posted. Do you think its possible to postpone Christmas? No didn't think so.
This weather has got to give us a break so that, even more than usual, I can rush about like a mad thing trying to organise Christmas.
Will we get to the Christmas Panto next week? I hope so, then I might start to feel Christmassy - oh no you won't, oh yes I will!
Bing Crosby had it all wrong - I'm not dreaming of a white Christmas - I'm dreaming of summer sun!!!
Please just lose this weather for next three weeks - then when the kids are on their Xmas break - then is the right time - then we can all relax and enjoy it and Santa will be happy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment