Thursday 23 December 2010

Countdown - hours now!

OK, now it is officially time for me to panic - half my Xmas shopping ain't yet done and won't be until tomorrow in all the mad Christmas Eve rush!! why oh why do I get myself into these situations - life just kinda took over this last week and Christmas had to get put to one side so I am now on Red Alert Panic Stations.

Well at least I have some of the shopping done, the turkey is de-frosting, the fudge is made (1 present down!) - successfully, fingers crossed! But what remains to be done - I don't want to think about it too much or I will run screaming for the hills - or as much as I am able considering the g. awful weather conditions we are experiencing at present! - I am taking five minutes here, before I start the mad house clean for Christmas - since as of 2.30 I have a house full for the next 10 days! gotta luv them all really tho. I said to my youngest this morning, well are you all excited about it being nearly Christmas - I remember, when I was your age, I used to get butterflies in my tummy round about this time, thinking it was Christmas Eve tomorrow - and what was her answer re. excitement? - na mummy, don't need to get excited, I know I am on Santa's Nice List - like I say, gotta luv 'em!


Well, unlike their cousins in USA, my kids are going to have their white Christmas - and we are heartily sick of the stuff - wish we could mail it to America! but at least after 2day we don't need to struggle to get to work and school on time. If it wants to snow, bring it on and I fear from the weather forecast that it will! Looks beautiful, like a Christmas card and brings tears to your eye with the beauty, but what I would give to be able to see the tarmac!!


Well, no rest for the wicked, onwards and upwards - house to clean, kids and hubby to collect and then tomorrow to keep my cool! - but know what I like best, tomorrow nite when they are all tucked up, snuggly in bed, with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads - wrapping the presents, listening to Christmas songs, only the tree lites on, a wee glass of malt and some home made truffles and at last, I will be able to sit back, relax, take a breath and say yes, now I feel Christmassy, I will even take time out to appreciate the beauty of the moon on the (not so quite) new fallen snow and enjoy the moment, thinking back to memories of Christmases past and looking forward to the delight and twinkling eyes on Christmas morning of my own little cherubs - nowt to beat it really.


Well, no more to be said now, 'cept hope you all enjoy a peaceful and joyful Christmas and onwards to the New Year.


Merry Christmas to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment