Monday 4 October 2010

Xmas Already Aaargh!

When did life become so rushed. We haven't even had Hallowe'en yet, not to mention Guy Fawkes and Christmas is in the shops already!!! The scary thing about this is that it starts me thinking about Christmas this early - what to get the kids who have it all - whats wrong with a dolly and an action man? Am I showing my age - now it has to be IPods and mobile phones - nothing nice and simple.
But don't get me wrong - as an "old fashioned" (ie 20th Century) mummy, I still like to give my kids that taste of what Xmas is all about - the simple Xmas - tangerine in your stocking at the end of your bed, with all the silly wee toys that are broken before lunch is eaten, traditional in my house is home made chocolate truffles - I always had them as a kid, so my kids will always have them, hand made by mummy; The Night Before Christmas read when they are tucked up in bed, another tradition that can't be foregone - because at the end of the day, we have to remember that Christmas is not just about who got the most expensive or biggest, it is about tradition, love, caring and sharing. Lets not lose sight of that and don't let our "computer age" kids lose sight of the best things life has to offer either!

No comments:

Post a Comment